- Building Application: Face Fixing
- Building Type: Residential
- Occupancy Type: A, C3
Colours of Glass Available
- Clear Standard Glass
- SuperClear™ Low Iron
- Tinted Glass
- Pixagraphic™ Digitally Printed Glass
Colours of Balustrade System
You can powder coat your hardware accessories to any colour you would like.
Glass Selection for Balustrades
Choose from 3 different options for our glass balustrades
Toughened glass is up to 5 times stronger than annealed glass. This allows the glass to break with dull edges. When selecting it for your balustrade the New Zealand standard demands you to also use a handrail or top-capping system that will ensure other panels of glass remain in place in the unlikely event of one breaking.
Toughened Laminated Glass
Toughened laminated glass is a safe option for home owners. This ensures that the glass will be bonded together if the glass breaks. The existing New Zealand standard stipulates that an interlinking clamp is needed if EVA laminated glass is used for balustrades.
Sentryglas™ balustrades are the only form of balustrade that can be used in a fully frameless manner. This is because the glass contains an interlayer that is 100 times stronger and 5 times stiffer than traditional laminates. This ensures that deflection is kept to a minimum, in the unlikely event of the glass breaking.
- LUGANO is our most popular frameless glass barrier system.
- LUGANO is an aluminium system for fascia fixed balustrades. It reflects the trend for sleek flush surfaces, square edges and continuous sightlines.
Scope / Applications
LUGANO is designed to be used as;
- Balustrades for External Decks and Stairwells
- Balustrades for Internal Decks, Stairwell, Landings and Mezzanine Floors
LUGANO can be attached to the following substrates;
- Weather boards
LUGANO complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
SAFE: Viridian’s toughened safety glass and Euroglass interlinking rail system. Euroglass offers three interlinking rail systems;
SAFER: Viridian’s toughened EVA laminated safety glass and Euroglass gap clamps.
SAFEST: Viridian’s toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass and Euroglass gap clamps. SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier.
LUGANO is Anotec powder coated with a 10 year warranty. There are many powder coat colours to choice from to match your colour scheme.
Rated to be used up to a extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
This proprietary balustrade system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
- B1 – Structure and B1/VM1
- B2 – Durability
- F2 – Hazardous Building Materials
- F4 – Safety from Falling
- D1 – Access routes (complies with the use of a handrail in accordance with NZBC D1/AS1)
- E2 – External Moisture (must be designed and installed in accordance with our technical data sheets)
Based on barrier loads taken from AS/NZS1170.0 LUGANO can be used for Residential Occupancy Types;
- A – Domestic and residential activities
- All areas within or serving exclusively one dwelling including stairs, landings etc. but excluding external balconies and edges of roofs (see C3)
- A Other – Domestic and residential activities
- Other residential (see also C)
- C3 – Areas without obstacles for moving people and not susceptible to overcrowding.
- Stairs, landings, external balconies, edges of roofs
Taken from table 3.3AS/NZS1170.1
Maximum glass height from the top of the system is 1100mm using Viridian’s safety glass options according to 22.4.3 and Table 14 of NZS4223.3:2016 are;
- 12mm toughened safety glass with interlinking rail
- 13.5mm toughened laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps
- 13.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
EBOSS Deatils on Lugano Balustrade
Lugano DWG File
Lugano Technical Documents
Technical Document PDF
How to detail a Lugano Balustrade
The only thing we love more than glass is talking to people about glass, pop in and see us.
Use our FREE online glass calculator to help you find the right glass for your windows.
There are no bad questions, the only bad question is the one you don't ask. Ask today.