- Building Application: Post Fixed
- Building Type: Residential
- Occupancy Type: A, C3
Colours of Glass Available
- Clear Standard Glass
- SuperClear™ Low Iron
- Tinted Glass
- Pixagraphic™ Digitally Printed Glass
Colours of Balustrade System
You can powder coat your hardware accessories to any colour you would like.
Glass Selection for Balustrades
Choose from 3 different options for our glass balustrades
Toughened glass is up to 5 times stronger than annealed glass. This allows the glass to break with dull edges. When selecting it for your balustrade the New Zealand standard demands you to also use a handrail or top-capping system that will ensure other panels of glass remain in place in the unlikely event of one breaking.
Toughened Laminated Glass
Toughened laminated glass is a safe option for home owners. This ensures that the glass will be bonded together if the glass breaks. The existing New Zealand standard stipulates that an interlinking clamp is needed if EVA laminated glass is used for balustrades.
Sentryglas™ balustrades are the only form of balustrade that can be used in a fully frameless manner. This is because the glass contains an interlayer that is 100 times stronger and 5 times stiffer than traditional laminates. This ensures that deflection is kept to a minimum, in the unlikely event of the glass breaking.
- A EUROBRACE balustrade is designed to allow water to pass underneath the bottom edge of the glass.
- EB Eurobrace creates a gap under the glass that allows water to egress underneath the glass and over the edge of the deck away from the pool or spa enclosure.
Scope / Applications
EuroBrace are designed to be used as;
- Internal and External Pool Fences
- Wind Breaks
EuroBrace can be attached to the following substrates;
EuroBrace complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems.
- Viridian’s toughened safety glass
- SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier
Rated to be used up to a very high wind zone (1.76Kpa or less)
The minimum height for a fence to prevent access into a pool area is 1.2m from the finished floor level. Please refer to NZS8500:2006 for design and safety requirements to meet the building code.
This proprietary pool fence system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
- B1 – Structure and B1/VM1
- B2 – Durability
- F2 – Hazardous Building Materials
Based on 330N point load from NZS8500:2006, maximum heights for the glass and EuroBrace spacing’s are provided within our Technical Data Sheets.
Viridian safety glass options are;
- 2mm toughened safety glass
- 13.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
In the unlikely event of glass failure or to make allowance for the consequence of failure required by clause B1.3.4 of the Building Code B1, Viridian’s toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass is recommended to be used.
EBOSS Details on Eurobrace Balustrade
Eurobrace DWG File
Technical Documents PDF
The only thing we love more than glass is talking to people about glass, pop in and see us.
Use our FREE online glass calculator to help you find the right glass for your windows.
There are no bad questions, the only bad question is the one you don't ask. Ask today.