- Building Application: Floor Mounted
- Can Be Used For: Residential & Commercial Buildings
- Occupancy Type: C1, C2, D
Colours of Glass Available
- Clear Standard Glass
- SuperClear™ Low Iron
- Tinted Glass
- Pixagraphic™ Digitally Printed Glass
Colours of Balustrade System
You can powder coat your hardware accessories to any colour you would like.
Glass Selection for Balustrades
Choose from 3 different options for our glass balustrades
Toughened glass is up to 5 times stronger than annealed glass. This allows the glass to break with dull edges. When selecting it for your balustrade the New Zealand standard demands you to also use a handrail or top-capping system that will ensure other panels of glass remain in place in the unlikely event of one breaking.
Toughened Laminated Glass
Toughened laminated glass is a safe option for home owners. This ensures that the glass will be bonded together if the glass breaks. The existing New Zealand standard stipulates that an interlinking clamp is needed if EVA laminated glass is used for balustrades.
Sentryglas™ balustrades are the only form of balustrade that can be used in a fully frameless manner. This is because the glass contains an interlayer that is 100 times stronger and 5 times stiffer than traditional laminates. This ensures that deflection is kept to a minimum, in the unlikely event of the glass breaking.
- No need for scaffolding. ANZIO is easily installed from the deck without the need for ladders or scaffolding
- Quick to install and easy to adjust. Fastest floor mounted system we have designed to date.
- Architecturally designed with square edges. The square shaped profile allows for flooring to be easily butted up against ANZIO for a tidy seamless look.
Scope / Applications
- Balustrades for External Decks and Stairwells
- Balustrades for Internal Decks, Stairwell, Landings and Mezzanine Floors
Rated to be used up to a extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
This proprietary balustrade system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
- B1 – Structure and B1/VM1
- B2 – Durability
- F2 – Hazardous Building Materials
- F4 – Safety from Falling
- D1 – Access routes (complies with the use of a handrail in accordance with NZBC D1/AS1)
Based on barrier loads taken from AS/NZS1170.0 ANZIO can be used for Commercial Occupancy Types;
C1 & C2 – Areas with tables or fixed seating.
Areas with fixed seating adjacent to a balustrade, restaurant, bars etc.
D – Retails areas.
All retail areas including public areas of bank/building societies, (see C5 for areas where over crowding may occur).
Taken from table 3.3 AS/NZS1170.1
Maximum glass height from the finished floor level is 1120mm using Viridian’s safety glass options according to 22.4.3 and Table 14 of NZS4223.3:2016 are;
- 15mm toughened safety glass with interlinking rail
- 17.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass with interlinking rail
(SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016)
EBOSS Details on Anzio Balustrade
Anzio DWG File
The only thing we love more than glass is talking to people about glass, pop in and see us.
Use our FREE online glass calculator to help you find the right glass for your windows.
There are no bad questions, the only bad question is the one you don't ask. Ask today.